1. Had my first wedding dress fitting yesterday and it was such a great experience. I found this amazing seamstress Jen Rocket via Yelp and as soon as I met her, we clicked right away. If any of you are in the Pittsburgh area and are in need of a seamstress, go check her out!
2. Another wedding-related update: John and I are going to our first pre-marriage class tonight. There’s a total of four and they’re held at St. Paul’s Cathedral in Oakland. I think we’re both a little nervous because we have no idea what to expect. My hope is that they’re not terribly boring and antiquated and that they actually give us practical advice about starting our lives together. Well, we’ve been together 7 years so we’re not exactly starting our lives together, but ya’ know what I mean. 🙂
3. Believe it or not, I’ve been waking up fairly early every morning, around 6:30am. Early for me, at least. And it’s all thanks to this Five Minute Journal that I started doing about 5 days ago. Every morning before I do anything else (including checking my phone), I write out 3 things I’m grateful for, 3 things that would make today a great day and a daily affirmation. Then every night before bed, I list 3 amazing things that happened that day and a sentence or two about how I could have made the day better. So far, it’s been a positive little habit that I’ve incorporated into my daily routine that helps me process the day without being overwhelmed.
4. If you read yesterday’s Cinnamon Honey & Fig Scones post, you know that I’m finally excited about learning how to bake. For so long, I told myself that I didn’t want to bake cakes, cupcakes, breads, scones, you name it because it was “too fancy” and didn’t fit with the home cook audience that I’m trying to reach. Well, that was all a load of BS. I was totally lying to myself. I said that because I didn’t know how to bake and was too intimidated to start learning. Boy, am I glad I got over that because I’ve been on a baking frenzy lately! Can’t wait to share those recipes on the blog soon!
5. I’ve been thinking about taking more photographs in my everyday life, as I walk around outside, go to work, whatever, but I’m a little self conscious to carry my camera around. I feel like people will stop and stare, like “why is that girl taking a random photo of that ugly building?” Is that weird of me to think that? I should just suck it up and do it.
6. I’ve been biting my nails really bad lately. I think it’s stress related – anytime I sit down to write something for my job or for this blog (which is practically every day), I find myself with my fingers heading towards my mouth. It’s gross and I need to stop. So far, I’ve found that if I paint my nails, even with just a clear top coat, it’s makes me think twice about doing it because I don’t want to “ruin” them. Anyone have any advice?
10 Recipes That Will Rock Your Year
Here are the most viewed Isabel Eats recipes of 2017. All in one place. Download the free ebook now!