These Spinach Enchiladas are covered in a red enchilada sauce and stuffed with spinach, mushrooms and onions for a tasty Mexican dinner!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 5 servings (2 enchiladas each)
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms (baby bella or cremini)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 1/4 cups enchilada sauce (authentic enchilada sauce, easy enchilada sauce or 2 10-oz cans store-bought sauce)
- 10 corn tortillas (homemade corn tortillas, flour tortillas, paleo tortillas or your favorite store-bought brand)
- for topping: cilantro, onions, cotija cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Thaw frozen spinach in microwave by heating for 2 to 3 minutes. Ring out as much water as possible.
Heat large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add in diced onions and cook for 7 minutes or until the onions soften and the edges begin to caramelize.
Lower heat to medium and add in sliced mushrooms, spinach, salt, garlic powder and cumin powder. Cook for about 8 more minutes, until mixture has cooked down.
Warm corn tortillas in the microwave in 30 seconds until soft and pliable.
In a 2-quart baking dish, begin to assemble the enchiladas. Spoon some of the spinach mixture into a warm tortilla. Top mixture with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and roll up like a taquito and place in baking dish, seam side down. Continue until all tortillas have been filled.
Pour the red enchilada sauce evenly on top of the enchiladas. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
Serve with chopped cilantro, onions and cotija cheese.
Amount Per Serving (2 enchiladas)
Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 3850IU77%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 2enchiladas | Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3850IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 400mg | Iron: 2.7mg