Buffalo Chicken Fajita Pizza Ring
This easy Buffalo Chicken Fajita Pizza Ring is the perfect game day appetizer for parties and get-togethers. By the end of the night, everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin fajita-style slices
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce + 2 tablespoons, divided (I used Frank’s Red Hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ball of pizza dough (I used a refrigerated pizza crust dough)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large beaten egg
- chopped green onions for sprinkling on top
- sauce for dipping
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken breast, garlic and onion powder and stir to mix. Sauté until chicken is fully cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add in buffalo wing sauce, stir, and remove from heat. Transfer chicken to a heat-safe plate or bowl.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
While the oven is heating up, add olive oil into the same skillet as the chicken was cooked in and place over medium-high heat. Add the red and green bell peppers and onions. Sauté until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Roll out the pizza dough onto a piece of parchment paper in a large circular shape. Cut four small lines through the middle of the dough using a pizza cutter to make a star shape.
In the space between the center cuts and the edge of the crust, layer the buffalo chicken and the fajita vegetables. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
Gently pull the point of each star back and tuck it over the outer crust, rolling both sides inward so they overlap and are secure. Repeat this process with all the cut sections. The final shape should look like a ring.
Brush the top of the ring with the beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Place a bowl of your favorite sauce (I used ranch!) in the center of the ring, garnish with green onions and enjoy!