Quinoa Enchilada Bake
This Quinoa Enchilada Bake is a healthy Tex-Mex casserole that's easy to make and filled with lots of veggies like black beans, quinoa and enchilada sauce!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch, stalks removed)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped into chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (or about 4 cups cooked)
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce (authentic enchilada sauce, easy enchilada sauce, or a 10-ounce store-bought can)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- tomatoes, avocados and cilantro, for topping
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chopped broccoli, red bell peppers and onions on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic powder, coriander, cumin, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together with your hands until well combined and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
While the veggies are roasting, cook the quinoa by placing it into a large saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Set aside.
Reduce heat in oven to 375°F. In a large 3-quart baking dish, add cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, chopped green chiles, black beans, enchilada sauce, a generous pinch of salt and pepper and 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix together until enchilada sauce and cheese are evenly distributed in the mixture. Top with 1/2 cup remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Serve and garnish with avocados, tomatoes and cilantro, if desired.
Quinoa Enchilada Bake
Amount Per Serving (1 /6 of recipe)
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 1400IU28%
Vitamin C 62.7mg76%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 750mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 62.7mg | Calcium: 340mg | Iron: 4mg