This Chimichurri Sauce Recipe is made with fresh and simple ingredients from the garden and is ready in under 10 minutes! (gluten free, low carb, paleo, vegetarian, vegan)
This chimichurri sauce recipe is the answer the all my prayers! This versatile recipe can be used as a sauce to serve with grilled meats, as a condiment on burgers and sandwiches and even as a salad dressing. The possibilities are endless.
The idea to make this sauce first popped into my head when I was watering my garden. Not to brag too much, but it has been growing like crazy lately! My herbs, in particular, have been getting out of control. I needed to find a new way to use up some of my freshly cut cilantro and parsley – salsa and taco toppings weren’t going to cut it. That’s where this bright and flavorful Chimichurri Sauce Recipes comes in!
What is chimichurri?
Chimchurri is an Argentinean sauce made with fresh herbs and spices that is typically served with steak. Traditionally, it is made using only parsley, but I decided to give it a bit of a Mexican flare and added some cilantro.
This bright sauce is extremely flavorful and adds a huge punch to anything you pair it with. Here are some ideas on how to use it.
What to serve with chimichurri sauce
- grilled meats and steaks
- tossed with grilled veggies
- served on top of rice
- as a marinade for chicken or steak (like this Mexican Chimichurri Chicken Salad)
- as a condiment on a sandwich or burger
- as a sauce in these Mexican Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
The best part of this recipe? It’s so quick and easy to make! Just place all of the ingredients in a blender and you’re good to go!
Can you freeze chimichurri sauce?
Yes. To freeze, pour the sauce into ice cube trays and freeze. When frozen, transfer chimichurri cubes into a large freezer safe zip top bag. When ready to use, simply remove as many chimichurri cubes as you need and thaw on the counter.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
If you make this recipe, let me know in the comments below or snap a photo and tag me @isabeleats on Instagram. I’d love to see what you cook!
Chimichurri Sauce RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 cup parsley, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until finely chopped, about less than a minute.
- Serve and enjoy!