Cheesy, spicy and fun to eat, this Jalapeño Popper Pull Apart Bread is the perfect game day appetizer that’s easy to make and ready in 35 minutes!
Who’s ready for some football?!
Not me if I’m being honest, but I AM ready for some game day apps and an ice cold beer! And a margarita. And possibly a bloody mary.
I just can’t help myself.
John and I have a weekend tradition of making appetizers for dinner once football season starts. We usually make 2 or 3 different apps/dips/finger foods and pretty much eat that for lunch and dinner on Saturdays or Sundays. Not exactly the healthiest option, but we like to indulge when we can.
This Jalapeño Popper Pull Apart Bread is BY FAR one of my favorite appetizers I’ve ever made.
Cheesy jalapeño poppers meet warm and crusty sourdough bread that’s too addicting for my own good.
To transform the loaf into this masterpiece, I cut the top of the bread into a grid using a sharp knife and stuffed cream cheese seasoned with garlic and onion powder into the crevices. Then, I stuffed the bread with sliced jalapeños, shredded mozzarella and a Mexican-blend cheese and baked in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
To get the crust super crispy and delicious, I removed the pull apart bread from the oven, brushed the top with melted butter and baked it for another 5 minutes. I garnished it with some sliced green onions, poured myself an ice cold Mexican beer (with a rim of lime and salt of course) and dug in!
Bread has never tasted this good!
While the recipe makes about 8 servings, a group of 6 hungry people can definitely eat the entire thing in one sitting. Just ask my family!
- 1 large loaf sourdough or french bread (or two small loaves)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large jalapenos, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- green onions, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a sharp knife, cut a grid into the top of the loaf, being careful not to cut through the bottom of the bread.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, garlic powder and onion powder with a handheld mixer or a fork.
- Stuff cream cheese into the crevices of the bread, followed by the sliced jalapenos and the shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush the top of the bread with melted butter and bake for another 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions and enjoy.
Leave a Comment