This Taco Pasta is a one-pot cheesy and creamy weeknight dinner ready in only 40 minutes from start to finish. It’s always a crowd-pleasing dish, especially with the kids because it’s basically like cheesy hamburger helper but so much better!
If you’re a fan of Mexican and Mexican-inspired meals then you’re going to love today’s Taco Pasta recipe! Made with pasta shells, taco-seasoned ground turkey, light cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese, this dish is like that cheesy hamburger helper I loved as a kid but so much better and healthier!
Kids love how cheesy and creamy it is, adults love the lean protein from the ground turkey and everyone loves the pasta shells.
And the best part? From start to finish, this taco pasta takes only 40 minutes to make!
How to make Taco Pasta
Making this taco pasta is incredibly easy. All you do is…
- Cook the ground meat with some tomatoes and taco seasoning
- Mix in some cream cheese until it melts
- Fold in cooked pasta and cheese
That’s it! It’s not complicated at all and the flavor is out of this world.
The secret is in the combination of the taco seasoning and the cream cheese. It makes every bite feel very decadent without being overly creamy. It’s creamy, cheesy and savory in the best way possible that keeps everyone coming back for one more bite.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Tips and Substitutions
- This recipe uses a homemade taco seasoning mix, but if you’re short on time or don’t have all the spices that it calls for, you can use 1 packet of your favorite store-bought taco seasoning instead.
- Instead of ground turkey, you can use ground beef, ground chicken, or your favorite plant-based substitute if you prefer.
- To sneak in some extra veggies, add in 2 cups of kale or spinach when adding in the diced tomatoes.