This Avocado Salad recipe is made with cucumbers, avocados, cherry tomatoes, red onions and a light dressing. It’s a healthy, fresh and addicting side dish that’s perfect for bbqs, potlucks and get togethers! Ready in only 10 minutes, this recipe is low carb, gluten free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan.
If you’re looking for a healthy, fresh and addicting dish to serve all year round, this Avocado Salad is for you! Never in my wildest dreams did I think a salad could be this good.
It’s creamy and luscious from the avocados, crisp and crunchy from the cucumbers and a touch tangy from the red onions.
When I made this, I literally had to remind myself not to eat the entire bowl!
Though this salad is as simple as chopping up some veggies and throwing them in a bowl, each little bite packs A TON of flavor. It may look like a simple mix of fresh ingredients from the outside, but when combined with a dressing of olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice, the entire bowl becomes insanely addicting.
How to make avocado salad
Step 1: Add diced avocados, cucumbers, red onions, cherry tomatoes and freshly chopped cilantro into a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Top with one tablespoon of olive oil, white wine vinegar and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
Step 3: Gently toss the salad together and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.
Easy enough, right?!
Avocado Salad Tips
- Don’t like cilantro? Simply leave it out or substitute some fresh dill instead.
- To keep the avocado salad from turning brown, make sure to toss it well with lemon juice.
- To store the avocado salad, spritz a little more lemon juice on top and cover it with plastic wrap so that it’s actually touching the salad and the sides of the storage container. This helps prevent any oxygen from getting in and turning it brown. Then close the container with it’s regular top and place it in the fridge.
- The avocado salad will last in the fridge for 2 to 5 days.
This healthy salad is amazing on its own but it really shines when paired with grilled meats or served alongside some quinoa, couscous or farro. Here are a few other ideas to get the juices flowing.
- Easy Pollo Asado (Mexican Grilled Chicken)
- Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp Skewers
- Carne Asada
- Easy Mexican Beef Skewers
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- sea salt, to taste
- Add the diced avocados, cucumbers, red onions, cherry tomatoes and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Top with the olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice.
- Toss together gently, sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.