This Avocado Salad recipe is made with cucumbers, avocados, cherry tomatoes, red onions and is tossed in a light vinaigrette. It’s a fresh and healthy side dish that’s perfect for weeknight meals and even potlucks, and get togethers! Ready in only 10 minutes, this recipe is low carb, gluten free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan.
If you’re looking for a healthy, fresh and addicting dish to serve all year round, this Avocado Salad is for you! Never in my wildest dreams did I think a salad could be this good.
It’s creamy and luscious from the avocados, crisp and crunchy from the cucumbers,and a touch tangy from the red onions.
When I made this, I literally had to remind myself not to eat the entire bowl!
Though this salad is as simple as chopping up some veggies and throwing them in a bowl, each little bite packs A TON of flavor. It may look like a simple mix of fresh ingredients from the outside, but when combined with a dressing of olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice, the entire bowl becomes insanely addicting.
How to make avocado salad
- Add diced avocados, cucumbers, red onions, cherry tomatoes and freshly chopped cilantro into a large mixing bowl.
- Top with one tablespoon of olive oil, white wine vinegar and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Gently toss the salad together and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.
recipe Tips and Substitutions
- Don’t like cilantro? Simply leave it out or substitute some fresh dill instead.
- To keep the avocado salad from turning brown, make sure to toss it well with lemon juice.
- To store the salad, spritz a little more lemon juice on top and cover it with plastic wrap so that it’s actually touching the salad and the sides of the storage container. This helps prevent any oxygen from getting in and turning it brown. Then close the container with it’s regular top and place it in the fridge.
- I recommend serving and eating the salad on the same day it’s made, but if you have leftovers, they’ll last in the fridge for 2 to 5 days.
What to serve this with
This avocado salad is amazing on its own but it really shines when paired with grilled meats or served alongside some quinoa, couscous or farro. Here are a few other ideas to get the juices flowing:
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Add the diced avocados, cucumbers, red onions, cherry tomatoes and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Top with the olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice.
- Toss together gently, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, and serve immediately.