Buffalo chicken quesadillas are an easy crowd favorite that combines an American classic with a Mexican staple. Made with perfectly seasoned chicken, buffalo sauce, and lots of cheese, this is an addicting recipe that is delicious on its own but also goes great with all the sides, like ranch, guacamole, or salsa!
Are you looking for quick, easy, flavorful, and fast recipes that are also fun? Do you host a lot of dinner parties? Do you love to tailgate? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are for you!
This recipe takes quesadillas to the next level by adding buffalo sauce and ranch to incorporate a rich, creamy flavor to an already delicious quesadilla.
I promise, with one bite, everyone you cook for will fall in love with these quesadillas. This recipe is easy to share with several people and is designed with just the right spice level in mind for everyone at the table. Of course, if you like things hotter, serve with a side of extra buffalo sauce for dipping.
- Tortillas: Using large flour tortillas, also known as “burrito size”, helps hold all the cheese and meat together.
- Chicken: You’ll need shredded chicken breasts. You could also use chicken thighs if you prefer. I often use store-bought rotisserie chicken that I shred at home as a fast and tasty alternative to cooking the chicken myself.
- Cheese: I used a Mexican blend of shredded cheeses, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Sauce: The best part is the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing added to the chicken to give it that smooth kick of spice!
- Seasonings: I used a simple blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Combine the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, green onions, ranch dressing, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix together until well incorporated.
Working in batches of two, melt some butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Assemble the quesadillas by layering half of each tortilla with shredded cheese, a cup of shredded chicken mixture, and more shredded cheese.
Fold it over and cook the quesadillas in the skillet for 2 minutes per side until the cheese has fully melted and the quesadillas are golden brown.
Serve with sour cream, Mexican crema, or ranch dressing on the side. Enjoy!
- Don’t take the quesadillas off the skillet too soon. The quesadillas should be golden brown and a little crispy on the outside.
- Feel free to use any leftover chicken you have. Leftover shredded chicken or even store-bought rotisserie chicken would work great!
- Skillet: For cooking the quesadillas. A medium or large skillet is perfect.
- Box grater: Great for shredding blocks of cheese! This one has a comfortable handle for ease of use.
- Plastic cutting board: My go-to type of cutting board when handling meats. It’s much easier to clean and sanitize than wood!
Storing and Reheating
Chicken quesadillas can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you have leftover quesadillas, you can reheat them on the stovetop, in an oven, or in an air fryer.
- For the stovetop: Reheat them in a skillet over medium-high heat until the cheese bubbles and the tortilla becomes crispy again.
- For the oven: Reheat them on a wire rack for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- For the air fryer: Reheat them for 3 to 5 minutes at 350°F.