This easy, cheesy and super creamy Salsa Verde Queso Dip made in the slow cooker is the perfect no-fuss appetizer for your next game day party!
Hi, my name is Isabel and I’m addicted to salsa verde. And cheese. And dips of all kind. Really pretty much any party food or appetizer that involves all of those things. Oh, and how could I forget to mention the vehicle used to eat it all – tortilla chips. Definitely the best combo.
Especially if you decide to get all classy and make your own like these Homemade Lime Tortilla Chips, which I HIGHLY recommend.
But enough about chips. Let’s talk about this dip.
A few things I love about this queso dip.
- It’s made in the slow cooker, which means it’s easy to make. No fuss.
- It uses THREE different kinds of cheese – Vermont White Cheddar, White American and Pepperjack.
- It’s creamy. (Thanks, cream cheese.)
- The salsa verde adds a subtle brightness that just makes the dip more flavorful than your average cheese dip.
One of my favorite brands of salsa verde is Herdez. Made with simple, authentic ingredients, it’s my go-to when I don’t feel like making my own.
BUT if you want to learn to make your own, I say go for it! It’s so easy and versatile, once you make it, you’ll wonder where it’s been your whole life. Here’s a recipe for my Homemade Tomatillo Salsa Verde.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 oz Vermont white cheddar cheese
- 8 oz pepperjack cheese
- 4 oz white american cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- Add all ingredients except diced jalapeno into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Uncover and mix the dip together using a whisk until the cheese is mostly smooth. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Mix in diced jalapeno and top with more diced hot peppers. Eat up!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.