These chocolate covered almond butter balls are made with only 3 ingredients and are the perfect healthy dessert! (gluten free, paleo, vegetarian, vegan)
Is there anything better than hearing the words ‘almond butter balls’ together in a sentence? Actually, yes, there is! How about chocolate covered almond butter balls? See – told ya!
I’m always looking for easy healthy dessert recipes to make and this is pretty much the ultimate of all the easy and healthy desserts. Made with only 3 ingredients, these nut butter balls are gluten free, grain free, paleo, vegetarian, vegan and contain no added sugar. And did I mention they require no baking?!
These balls just get better and better.
I find that no bake recipes involving peanut butter or almond butter in the center often contain added sugar in the form of powdered sugar to help thicken the nut butter mixture. But while many people find that really delicious, I tend to think it’s too sweet. So naturally, I went to my pantry to see what I could use instead and this recipe was born.
Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Balls
- almond butter
- coconut flour
- chocolate chips
That’s it! Just mix together the almond butter and coconut flour until a thick almond butter paste forms and you’re two thirds of the way there! No need for powdered sugar or butter.
After making a few trial batches trying to get the coconut flour to almond butter ratio correct, I finally got a stamp of approval from my husband, the chocolate/nut butter fanatic in the house. That’s how I know these are good.
One of my favorite things about the almond butter balls are the toppings! My personal favorite is sea salt, but John loves his sprinkles. There are so many possibilities, here’s a few to give you some inspiration.
- lime zest
- orange zest
- espresso powder
- shredded coconut
- crushed up cookies (like oreos!)
- chopped almonds
- dried fruit
More recipes you’ll love
- No Bake Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- No Bake Easy Fudge Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Energy Balls
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- optional toppings: sea salt, lime zest, sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut flour until a thick paste forms.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the mixture onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or form the mixture into a ball using your hands. I used a small cookie scoop like this one. Continue until all the mixture is used.*
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a spoon or fork, dunk the cold almond butter balls into the melted chocolate, making sure to fully cover every side.
- Place the chocolate covered balls back onto the parchment paper and top with desired toppings.
- Place the balls back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate has set.
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in. Thanks for your support!