This Cranberry Banana Bread topped with a cinnamon granola crunch is super moist, fluffy and filled with cranberries. Perfect for the holidays!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySatisfying #CollectiveBias
The countdown to when I visit my family in Oklahoma has officially begun – only 4 more days until I get to see my parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. I seriously can’t wait. Buuut since I have to, I think I have just enough time to share the holiday recipe that is sure to bring everyone together this season.
Let me introduce you to your new favorite baked good – Cranberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Granola Crunch. It’s made with mashed bananas and fresh cranberries, is topped with a crunchy granola streusel, has plenty of cinnamon for a little Mexican touch and it’s easy to make.
After having a slice of this bread, I guarantee you will be a:
- granola addict
- cranberry fiend
Hey, there are worse things to be.
The best part of this recipe? Definitely the granola streusel topping I made using Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almond. I mean, just look at those mouthwatering crunchy clusters.
Ever had a muffin or a slice of bread that claimed it had a crunchy crumb topping, but all it did was leave you wanting more? Yeah, not this bread. Not with this topping. The Quaker® Simply Granola makes a thick crust on the top of the loaf that is so satisfying and filling, the only thing that makes it better is enjoying it with friends and loved ones.
Even John told me that he plans on making a loaf on Christmas morning for his parents. Now that’s a compliment.
While this recipe isn’t exactly Mexican, I couldn’t help but add a little Mexican touch to this by adding two heaping teaspoons of cinnamon into the crunchy Quaker® Simply Granola topping. It helps add even more depth and flavor to the bread that makes it simply irresistible.
A slice of this cranberry banana bread + a big ol’ glass of milk = one happy Isabel. My parents and sisters would prefer this with a hot cup of coffee, but for me, it depends on the mood. Milk is good at night. Coffee is good in the morning. Otherwise, I’m up with the cats until 4:00am and that’s not good for anyone.
Looking for more desserts? Try these!
- Mexican Black Bean Blender Brownies
- Cinnamon Honey Fig Scones
- Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Biscotti
For the bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (butter can also be used)
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 medium bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups fresh cranberries
For the granola topping
- 1 cup Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add in the mashed bananas, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add in the flour and baking powder and mix until all the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. Fold in the cranberries and pour batter into the greased bread pan.
- Top batter with the cinnamon granola topping and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
For the topping
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until everything is moistened by the butter.
Looking for more recipes using Quaker® Simply Granola? Click here to see what other bloggers and foodies are making!
All of the products in this post, including the Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almond, were purchased here at my local Walmart. You can find the exact granola I used in the cereal aisle. And you’ll know it’s Quaker® because it’s the box with the cutest little jolly man on it. 🙂 Love it.