Filled with holiday cheer, this Cranberry Margarita is the perfect Christmas and New Years drink! Made with only 4 simple ingredients, it’s easy to make and comes together in only 5 minutes.
One of my favorite things about winter is the abundance of cranberries, so today I’m bringing you a festive Cranberry Margarita cocktail to get the party started!
Filled with holiday cheer, this cranberry cocktail is the perfect Christmas and New Years drink. Made with only 4 simple ingredients, it’s super easy to make and comes together in only 5 minutes.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Cranberry juice
- Blanco tequila
- Triple sec
- Lime juice
Which tequila should I use?
For this recipe, choose a high-quality blanco or silver tequila for the best cranberry margarita. The bottle should say 100% agave, but that doesn’t mean it has to break the bank. Here are a few tequilas I recommend.
- Espolòn Blanco
- Olmeca Altos
- Casa Noble Crystal
- Don Julio Blanco
Don’t forget the garnish!
To make this cranberry margarita look beautiful and festive, I rimmed the glass with sea salt and garnished it with fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
It makes the whole thing feel like a fun winter wonderland and I can’t help but have a huge smile on my face when I’m holding one!
For this recipe, I used a cocktail shaker. I have one that I purchased at my local Target, but I’ve actually been meaning to replace it. It drips down the side when I’m shaking and pouring my drink and it can just get a little messy. I’ve been eyeing this one from OXO Good Grips in particular. It’s inexpensive, has a nonslip grip which is KEY and looks well-constructed.
But if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can still make this. Just use a large glass and mix the ingredients with a spoon. It’s not as fancy, but it does the job.
More cocktail recipes you’ll love
- Classic Margarita Recipe
- Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Easy Sangria Recipe
- Spicy Habanero Pineapple Margarita
- Spicy Tequila Sunrise
- coarse sea salt, for rimming glass
- 4.5 ounces cranberry juice (3 shots from standard size shot glass), or more to taste
- 1.5 ounces blanco tequila (1 shot from standard size shot glass)
- 1 ounce triple sec (2/3 shot from standard size shot glass)
- 1/2 lime
- fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs, for garnish *optional*
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and dip in salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec and the juice of half a lime. Shake to combine.
- Strain the cocktail over the prepared glass and garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs.
Nutritional information gathered using light cranberry juice.