Filled with holiday cheer, this insanely Easy Cranberry Margarita will definitely get your Christmas party started!
Happy Thirsty Thursday, friends!
I must say, I’m starting to really like Thursdays. A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for a Mexican Michelada and today I’m bringing you some festive margaritas. Now that’s damn exciting. Who knows what next Thursday will bring. Some eggnog, a winter sangria, a spiked Mexican coffee? I’m going to go ahead and say yes, yes and yes to all of those things.
And just like that, Thursdays got even better.
But today isn’t just any Thirsty Thursday. Today has a special place in my heart because I’m sharing a margarita recipe. And I love margaritas soooo much that they’re going to be featured as special cocktails at my wedding in May! (I’m so ready for it. Not literally ready, but you know what I mean.)
Instead of having liquor at the bar during the reception, John and I have decided to only serve two cocktails: one from the bride, one from the groom. After taste-testing lots of different drinks, we’ve decided to go with margaritas. Now the hard part is choosing which kinds of margaritas.
Consider this taste test number one.
Filled with holiday cheer thanks to the cranberry juice and fresh cranberries, this insanely easy margarita will definitely get your Christmas party started.
Unfortunately, because our wedding is in late spring and fresh cranberries aren’t exactly in season in May, this cranberry margarita probably won’t be on the wedding menu. But hey, we didn’t want to rule it out completely without trying it first.
Who are we to say no to a margarita without tasting it?
For this recipe, I used a cocktail shaker. I have one that I purchased at my local Target, but I’ve actually been meaning to replace it. It drips down the side when I’m shaking and pouring my drink and it can just get a little messy. I’ve been eyeing this one from OXO Good Grips in particular. It’s inexpensive, has a nonslip grip which is KEY and looks well-constructed.
But if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can still make this. Just use a large glass and mix the ingredients with a spoon. It’s not as fancy, but it does the job.
What’s your favorite type of margarita? I’d love to know so I can taste test more flavors for the wedding! I need all the ideas I can get. Just leave me a comment at the bottom of this post.
More cocktail recipes you’ll love
- Classic Margarita Recipe
- Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Easy Sangria Recipe
- Spicy Habanero Pineapple Margarita
- Spicy Tequila Sunrise
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1.5 ounces silver tequila (1 shot)
- 1 ounce triple sec (2/3 shot)
- 4.5 ounces light cranberry juice (3 shots), or more to taste
- fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Pour the sea salt onto a small, shallow plate. Moisten the rim of an 8oz glass with one of the lime quarters. Dip the moistened rim into the sea salt to coat with salt. Fill the cup with ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the juice of half a lime, silver tequila, triple sec, cranberry juice and shake to mix.
- Pour margarita into salt-rimmed glass and garnish with fresh cranberries and a lime quarter. Taste and enjoy! If the drink is too strong for your liking, top with a little more cranberry juice.
Get my most popular recipes sent to you for FREE!
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and receive this free ebook featuring the most viewed Isabel Eats recipes of 2017! Sign up and download the free ebook today.