Fresas con Crema is the easiest Mexican dessert you’ll ever make! Made with fresh strawberries mixed into a sweet and creamy sauce, this recipe is ready to eat in only 10 minutes. Only 5 ingredients needed!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that requires less than 10 minutes to make, then this Fresas and Crema recipe is for you!
This light and refreshing treat is especially perfect in the warm summer months when strawberries are in season and extra sweet. Or if you’re like me, it’s great for when you need to satisfy that after-dinner sweet tooth but have nothing in the fridge.
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you – despite the minimal amount of work involved, this is by far one of the most satisfying and delicious desserts I’ve ever made. It’s right up there with my Tres Leches Cake and Arroz con Leche recipes!
What is Fresas con Crema?
Fresas con Crema, or Strawberries and Cream, is a popular Mexican no-bake dessert made from freshly sliced strawberries mixed into a sweetened cream sauce.
The cream sauce is made by whisking together a few easy-to-find ingredients: sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
The end result is a sauce that’s easily pourable, light and thin, but with a sweet and rich flavor similar to that of ice cream! It pairs perfectly with fresh strawberries but could also be served with any fresh berries or fruit like peaches.
How to Make Fresas Con Crema
- Slice strawberries into thin round slices.
- Whisk together sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Scoop 1/2 cup sliced strawberries into a cup or bowl and top with 1/2 cup sweetened cream mixture.
The strawberries and cream can be served immediately with a dollop of whipped cream or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Substitutions and Variations
While all of the ingredients in this recipe are fairly easy to find, here are some ingredient variations that could also work:
- Instead of full-fat sour cream, you could also use light or nonfat sour cream, plain Greek yogurt or creme fraiche.
- Instead of evaporated milk, you could use whole milk or half-and-half.
- Don’t have fresh strawberries? You could use frozen strawberries (make sure to thaw them before mixing with the cream) or a different fruit like blueberries, raspberries or peaches.