These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a favorite Mexican weeknight dinner recipe that’s ready in only 30 minutes. Seasoned chicken breast, bell peppers and onions are baked on one sheet pan all at the same time!
Say hello to the easiest way to make fajitas ever – on a sheet pan! Whether you make them for taco night or incorporate them into your weekly meal prep routine, these fajitas will not disappoint.
Highly seasoned with my favorite blend of Tex-Mex spices like ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, this sheet pan dinner is packed with flavor and requires very minimal effort. It’s also low in carbs, high in protein and packed with veggies.
It’s pretty much everything you could ever want in an easy dinner recipe!
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
To make this recipe, all you need is one large mixing bowl and one large baking sheet.
- Add sliced chicken, bell peppers and onions to a mixing bowl.
- Toss together with fajita seasoning, olive oil and a splash of white wine vinegar.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 425°F.
That’s it! No need to flip the chicken and veggies halfway through cooking. Leaving them in the oven undisturbed really helps to caramelize the peppers and onions, which adds a beautiful rich and deep flavor.
Once out of the oven, sprinkle some fresh lime juice and cilantro on top for extra flavor. Then eat up!
I love serving these sheet pan fajitas in corn tortillas with a drizzle of Mexican crema and cotija cheese. They make for a super quick and easy taco night during the week that is always welcome in my house.
If you’re making them as a healthy meal prep recipe to eat throughout the week, here are a few side dishes that would pair perfectly:
- Authentic Mexican Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Refried Beans
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Easy Guacamole
I hope you love this recipe – be sure to give it a review below! To get more easy Mexican recipes delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my email newsletter. You can also follow Isabel Eats on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, bell peppers, onions, olive oil, white wine vinegar, chili powder, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika and black pepper.
- Toss together until everything is combined and evenly coated.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out into an even layer so that everything cooks evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately in warm corn tortillas, flour tortillas or with Mexican rice.