This strawberry margarita recipe is the perfect cocktail to enjoy on warm, sunny days! Made with 5 simple ingredients, this drink is the perfect mix of sweet but not too sweet, boozy but not too boozy, and super refreshing. Both frozen and on-the-rocks recipe versions are included below!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- tequila (gold or silver)
- lime juice
- triple sec
- agave syrup (or other sweetener)
How to Make A Strawberry Margarita
To make it on the rocks – First, start by removing and discarding the tops/stems of fresh strawberries. Then slice them in half until you have 2 cups worth.
Place the strawberries, tequila, lime juice, triple sec and agave syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
Give it a little taste and if it’s not quite sweet enough for your liking, add in a little more sweetener. Serve over ice and that’s it!
To make it frozen – If you’re making the frozen version, you’ll follow the same instructions as above except instead of fresh sliced strawberries, you’ll use frozen strawberries. You’ll also add in 2 cups of ice to the blender to make the margaritas slushy, cold and frosty.
Sweet (but not too sweet) strawberry margaritas in no time!
Substitutions and Variations
Don’t have all the ingredients? Here are some substitutions and that may come in handy.
- Don’t have agave syrup? You can use honey, simple syrup or plain granulated sugar instead.
- If you can’t find any fresh strawberries or if they’re out of season, you can use frozen strawberries instead. Frozen strawberries are typically picked and frozen at their peak ripeness! Use them frozen to make frozen margaritas, or let them thaw to make to make the on-the-rocks version.
- If you’re serving this frozen, it’s a good idea to use frozen strawberries instead of fresh to get the mixture extra slushy without having to use too much extra ice and risk watering down the flavor. You can either buy sliced strawberries already frozen from your local grocery store, or you can slice and freeze them yourself.
Want to make these strawberry margaritas ahead of time? You totally can! Simply blend up the margarita mixture, then store in an airtight container in the fridge 1 day ahead of time if you’re serving it on the rocks, or store in the freezer if you’re serving it frozen.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make a pitcher. Simply click on the number of servings in the recipe card below and slide the toggle that appears to the number of servings you want to make. The ingredient amounts will change accordingly!