These Breakfast Tacos are made with chorizo, crispy potatoes and eggs and are an authentic Mexican breakfast perfect for any day of the week!
Thank you Cacique® for sponsoring this post. Visit your local grocery store to pick up your fave Cacique® product for a delicious dinner tonight!
Breakfast tacos are a staple in my house. They’re easy to make, come together in no time, and everybody loves them! Whether I make them during the week as a quick breakfast, or on the weekend as a relaxing brunch, breakfast tacos never disappoint.
I’m super excited to share this breakfast taco recipe because it holds a special place in my heart. Made with my favorite pork chorizo, crispy potatoes, and eggs, these breakfast tacos come straight out of my parent’s Mexican kitchen. It’s one of my dad’s favorite breakfasts of all time!
Though you only need a few ingredients, the flavor you get in each bite is unbelievable. The secret is in the Ranchero® chorizo. It’s slightly spicier than the regular Cacique® chorizo; it’s perfectly blended with the right herbs and spices and it crumbles beautifully when cooked.
This is the chorizo that I grew up with and it’s my go-to when I want that authentic Mexican flavor! Cacique® products make it easy to savor the tastes and flavors of Mexican food without spending a long time in the kitchen.
To make these authentic Mexican breakfast tacos, here’s what you do:
How to make breakfast tacos
- Cook 2 cups diced potatoes with some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 15 minutes. They should be cooked through and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Add in ½ cup chopped onions and cook for another 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Remove ½ chorizo link from the package and add it to the skillet. Mix it well with the potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add in 6 beaten eggs and cook. Remove from heat.
- Heat up the corn tortillas on a large skillet, griddle or comal and fill with filling. Top with cilantro and queso fresco.
My usual toppings include fresh cilantro and queso fresco or cotija cheese, but when I want a little extra, I top my breakfast tacos with hot sauce or pickled jalapenos. The spicier, the better!
Like this breakfast recipe? You make also like these!
Breakfast Tacos with Chorizo, Potatoes and EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium golden potatoes, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 9-ounce link Ranchero® pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 12 corn tortillas
- chopped cilantro, for topping
- Cacique® queso fresco, for topping
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and potatoes and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are cooked through and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Remove chorizo from casing and add to skillet. Break up the chorizo using your spatula and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and let them sit for about 30 seconds. Then, gently stir them until the eggs are just cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Heat up the corn tortillas over medium-high heat on a large skillet, griddle or comal. Fill with chorizo, potato and egg mixture and top with cilantro and queso fresco.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.