A Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita made with refreshing cucumber sparkling water, fresh jalapeños and organic agave nectar because it’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
Let’s take a trip to Margaritaville, shall we? Imagine lying on the beach under the shade of a huge umbrella. It’s 85 degrees outside and you’re completely and totally relaxed. You’ve got a great book in one hand and a cool and refreshing Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita in the other. Now that’s the life.
Doesn’t that sound absolutely amazing?
If only every day was like that. Meanwhile, as I write this in Pittsburgh, it’s dreary, gray and rainy outside.
At least it’s not snowing. Scratch that. I don’t want to jinx it.
But I’m not going to let that stop me. Just because it’s not 85 degrees and sunny doesn’t mean I can’t be relaxed, read a book and enjoy myself a tasty little beverage.
What’s in this jalapeno margarita?
- lime juice
- silver tequila
- agave nectar
- triple sec
- cucumber sparkling water
Which sparkling water is the best?
Now this is quite a bold statement I’m about to make, but I’m being totally honest here – Spindrift is the best-tasting brand of flavored sparkling water I’ve tried.
Hands. Freaking. Down.
They use real squeezed fruit as the only flavoring and I think that’s what makes the drinks so damn tasty and refreshing. The cucumber sparkling water I used in this margarita tastes exactly like a cucumber. It’s kind of mind-blowing actually. I highly recommend picking up a pack or two the next time you’re grocery shopping. I purchased a variety pack at Costco a month or so ago, but I know they’re also in Target and possible Trader Joe’s. If you’re not quite sure, here’s a link to where you can find them near you.
This drink makes me want to go to the beach so bad.
If only I knew how to swim. Now that’s a story for another day. 🙂
Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
- 3 ounces silver tequila (2 shots)
- 1.5 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (1 shot)
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced, plush more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, for rimming glass
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1.5 ounces triple sec
- 1 can Spindrift Cucumber Sparkling Water
- In a cocktail shaker or tall glass, add tequila, lime juice, jalapeño slices and cucumber slices. Stir and slightly press the jalapeños and cucumbers with the back of a spoon to help extract some of the flavors. Cover and let it sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or longer, depending on how spicy you want it.
- Pour the sea salt onto a small, shallow plate. Moisten the rim of two 8-ounce glasses with one of the lime quarters. Dip the moistened rims into the sea salt to coat with salt. Fill the cups with ice and set aside.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with agave nectar and triple sec. Shake to mix.
- Pour half the margarita into each of the salt-rimmed glasses and fill the rest of the glass with the cucumber sparkling water.
- Garnish with the sliced jalapeños, cucumbers and a lime wedge. Taste and enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in. Thanks so much for your support!