Made with rice, corn and Mexican spices such as cumin, chipotle powder and oregano, these Mexican Chipotle Beef Stuffed Peppers recipe makes the perfect weeknight meal.
I made the best Mexican food ever last weekend. I received so many compliments about how delicious it was and to be honest, it made me feel really good. Making good food for loved ones and being acknowledged for it made me happy. That’s nothing to be ashamed about, is it?
Lord, I think I’m turning into my mother.
While the thought of turning into my mother would have scared me in my teenage years (and even in my early twenties), it’s not such a scary thing anymore. She’s a loving, caring and worrisome 🙂 individual who wants nothing more than to see her family happy. And part of the way she shows she cares is making enormous amounts of food whether you’re hungry or not.
And believe me, nobody has ever gone hungry.
All the praise and my mom’s voice in my head inspired me to create more Mexican recipes of my own to share, like today’s Mexican Chipotle Beef Stuffed Peppers. Made with rice, corn and Mexican spices such as cumin, chipotle powder and oregano, these stuffed peppers make the perfect weeknight meal. Better yet, they also make great leftovers for lunch the next day.
Top these babies with some fresh cilantro, a dollop of sour cream and maybe even a little hot sauce. One of my favorites is the Cholula Chili Lime flavor. SO GOOD.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Mexican Chipotle Beef Stuffed PeppersPrint Pin Rate
- 3 bell peppers halved and deveined
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels canned or frozen
- 1 lb ground beef*
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 plum tomato diced
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice**
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 6 tbsp Mexican shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bell peppers cut side down in large baking dish and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- While peppers are baking, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and corn. Saute for about 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, chipotle powder, oregano, chili powder and sea salt. Mix in and cook for about 5 minutes until beef is fully cooked and browned.
- Remove skillet from heat. Mix in rice, diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
- Remove peppers from oven and turn them over, cut side up.
- Spoon chipotle beef mixture into each pepper, sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro.
- Eat up!
**White rice or quinoa can be substituted
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in. Thanks for your support!