This Guacamole Salsa recipe combines salsa verde and guacamole to create an addicting appetizer and salsa for tacos! Is gluten free, dairy free, paleo and vegan!
If salsa verde and guacamole had a baby, you’d get this Guacamole Salsa. It’s the best of both worlds! The tangy and zesty flavor from the tomatillos and the smooth and creamy texture from the avocados – there’s seriously nothing better. (Learn more about tomatillos here.)
I’ve typically always used my Easy Salsa Verde recipe as a sauce for enchiladas, meats and even as a base for soup, but when it came to eating it as a dip with chips, I always felt like there was something missing. Not anymore.
The solution? Avocados.
Creamy, buttery avocados.
Not only do the avocados help thicken the guacamole salsa, but they also help counterbalance the tartness of the tomatillos and lime juice.
To make, all you need to do is boil the tomatillos and jalapenos for about 10 minutes, until they’ve softened. Once softened, throw them in a blender along with avocados, cilantro, garlic, onions, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth and that’s it!
Pretty much one of the easiest and most flavorful dips you can make in 15 minutes.
What to eat with Guacamole Salsa
- with tortilla chips (and an ice cold beer)
- on toast (guacamole toast, anyone?!)
- on scrambled eggs
- on a burger
- on tacos (always)
- on nachos
- on a burrito bowl
- with quesadillas
I could seriously keep going for days… ?
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 to 3 cups of guacamole salsa, depending on the size of the tomatillos. Because avocados tend to brown quickly, I recommend storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
Like this guacamole salsa? You may also like these!
- 8 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and deveined
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 a large lime)
- salt to taste
- Fill medium pot with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add in tomatillos and jalapenos. Cook for 10 minutes, until tomatillos and jalapenos have softened.
- Drain water and place tomatillos and jalapenos in a large blender. Add avocados, cilantro, garlic, onions and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an air-tight container to chill in the refrigerator.