Say hello to your new favorite drink! This Corona Sunrise is a fun and fresh take on a Tequila Sunrise, but so much easier! Just pour ingredients straight into the bottle and enjoy!
Table of Contents
Made with only 5 ingredients, this Corona Sunrise is one of the easiest cocktails to put together. All you need is a bottle of Corona, tequila, grenadine, orange juice, and lime juice. This is the perfect drink for your next pool party, summer barbecue, or Cinco de Mayo get together, and there’s no mixing or dishes required!
My husband first sent me this drink idea after he saw it trending on TikTok and I’m so glad he did! After I tried it for myself, I knew I had to post it on here to share with you.
Wait, Beer and Tequila?
While it might sound strange, the combination actually works very well together.
The tequila flavor isn’t overwhelming and it helps cut down the beer flavor. The rest of the ingredients give it a fruity and refreshing taste. So if you’re not a huge fan of beer, I think this recipe could change your mind!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Corona beer
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
What Kind of Tequila Is Best?
You can use any kind of tequila you have: blanco, gold, reposado, añejo. They all work!
I like reposado tequila for this drink, but it’s really up to you.
How to Make a Corona Sunrise
I’m all for quick, easy, and simple recipes and this one is no exception. Here’s how to make one.
- Take a drink. Drink the Corona beer down to the top of the label to make sure the rest of the ingredients will fit inside the bottle.
- Pour. Pour a shot of tequila and orange juice, and 1/2 a shot of grenadine inside the bottle. I recommend using freshly squeezed orange juice but you can use store bought.
- Garnish. Squeeze and drop in a fresh lime wedge and enjoy!
- Keep it cold. Make sure all of ingredients are cold so the drink stays cold after you add everything into the bottle.
- Don’t want it too sweet? You can just add a splash of grenadine instead of the recommended amount. I don’t think it’s too sweet as written, but you can always start with a little and add more.
- Don’t have orange juice? You can use mango or pineapple juice instead for a more tropical twist.
- Don’t have grenadine? You can use simple syrup or agave syrup instead. It won’t give the drink that beautiful sunrise color, but it will still be delicious.
- Do you have to use Corona? Nope! Corona is a great beer for this recipe because of the flavor profile it has, but you can use any Mexican Lager.
- Use a pint glass. If you’re not a fan of drinking straight from the bottle, you can pour the beer into a glass and then mix in the rest of the ingredients.