This easy White Sangria is the perfect refreshing summer cocktail! Made with a blend of strawberries, peaches and apples soaked in white wine and apple brandy, this drink is a summer staple!
It’s time to celebrate summer with this fruity, refreshing and boozy white sangria recipe!
Made with only 5 ingredients, this crisp and light summer drink is made with fresh strawberries, granny smith apples and juicy peaches. It’s very simple to make and is great for entertaining and enjoying on a hot summer day!
After falling in love with this red sangria recipe last year, I knew I had to make a white wine version for the summer. And I finally did it!
How to make white sangria
Making white sangria is literally the easiest thing ever! First, place the chopped apples, strawberries and peaches in a large pitcher. (photo 1) Then, add in 2 ounces of apple brandy. (photo 2)
Pour in a bottle of white wine and mix it all up! (photo 3 and 4)
I recommend letting the white wine sangria sit in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to help the flavors really meld together. Ideally, I recommend making it first thing in the morning and then serving it in the late afternoon or evening.
When you’re ready to enjoy it, add some ice to the glasses and fill them up about 3/4 of the way. Then top off each glass with a little sparkling water for an extra refreshing drink with some carbonation and bubbles!
And don’t forget to scoop some of the fruit into your glass. It’s the best part!
What wine is best for white sangria?
A fruity, dry white wine like a Savignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio makes for a delicious white wine sangria.
There’s no need to spend a lot on a bottle, either. You want to make sure the wine you use for sangria is actually something you’d drink by itself, but something in the $10 to $15 price range will work just fine.
Which apple brandy do you recommend?
For this recipe, I used Laird’s Applejack. It’s inexpensive and adds that beautiful but subtle apple flavor that compliments the fruit so well.
A slightly more expensive option is Calvados.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! To get more easy Mexican recipes delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my weekly email newsletter. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
- 2 peaches, sliced into wedges
- 2 green apples, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 shots apple brandy or cognac (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio are best)
- *optional* sparkling water, for serving
- Place all the ingredients, except the sparkling water, in a large pitcher and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate sangria for 3 to 4 hours, up to overnight, before serving.
- When ready to serve, give the sangria one last stir and pour over a glass of ice. Top with sparkling water for some bubbles if desired.
Leave a Comment