Made with a bright and creamy chipotle lime crema made with Greek yogurt and lime juice, these Fish Tacos take only 15 minutes to make and are gluten free!
What’s the first thing you think of when you think about fall? Pumpkin spice lattes? Apples? Acorn squash? Wait, wait, wait. You mean to tell me that it’s not fish tacos?
Happy first day of fall!
You guys, I’m the worst. Yep, I’m the person talking about fish tacos on literally the first day of fall. But before you click away, hear me out. I know for a fact that all that pumpkin spice bonanza is going to start to infiltrate your Pinterest/Facebook/Instragram feed immediately, so I’m just trying to give you a break. A nice little safe space to take a breather from all the orange and black.
So let’s get to the real reason why you’re here: these fish tacos look damn good!
Growing up, fish tacos weren’t really a part of my Mexican family’s diet. Sure, we ate fish, but my parents usually just pan-fried it and served it with a side of rice and sautéed veggies. It wasn’t until I went to college and started looking at recipes online that I realized how beloved fish tacos were by many.
When I had my first fish taco, I was hooked. Fresh squeezed lime juice, some cilantro and a creamy spicy sauce to top it all off. What’s not to love?!
These fish tacos with chipotle lime crema are SO EASY to make, I promise you they’ll become a part of your regular recipe rotation once you try them. The chipotle lime crema made with greek yogurt and lime juice is light and bright yet satisfies that desire for creaminess at the same time, making this recipe perfect for those who are looking to cut back on the super indulgent foods that seem to be everywhere this time of year.
For those of you looking for a dairy-free version of the chipotle lime crema, simply substitute coconut milk for the Greek yogurt.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
More Mexican recipes you’ll love
- The BEST Mexican Carnitas Recipe
- The BEST Easy Chicken Tacos
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Breakfast Tacos with Chorizo, Potatoes and Eggs
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos
For the fish
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound white fish, about 3 or 4 fillets (I used cod)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 12 corn tortillas
For the Chipotle-Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
For the fish
- In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, onion and garlic powder. Sprinkle both sides of each fish fillet evenly with the seasoning.
- Heat coconut oil in pan over medium-high heat until HOT.
- Lay fish fillets in pan and cook for 5 minutes without turning.
- After 5 minutes, flip fish and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes, or until fish begins to flake.
- Remove pan from heat and flake the fish with a fork. Serve fish on warm corn tortillas, top with lettuce, cilantro, radishes and chipotle lime crema and enjoy!
For the Chipotle Lime Crema
- Mix all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chill in fridge until ready to eat with tacos!
To make this recipe dairy free: substitute coconut milk for the Greek yogurt. Nutrition information is for the tacos only. It does not include chipotle-lime mayo.