Made with only 5 ingredients, this Frozen Margarita recipe is cold, slushy, frosty and delicious! Perfect for cooling down and relaxing on those hot, sunny days.
It’s cold, it’s slushy, it’s refreshing and boozy – it’s my favorite frozen margarita recipe!
When it’s hot outside and a regular cocktail just won’t do, this frosty marg is a lifesaver. Made with only 4 ingredients, this recipe is a take on my Classic Margarita Recipe but with a frozen twist! My favorite thing about these is that they’re easy to make and perfect for enjoying on hot summer days and fun weekends with friends.
Simply imagining myself relaxing in the shade with frozen margarita in one hand and a good book in the other instantly lifts my mood! That’s how good they are. 🙂
Making this frozen margarita recipe is actually a huge step for me because I’m not usually a slushie person. Frozen and blended drinks have never been something I’ve craved. Most of the time, frozen and blended cocktails that I order at restaurants are too sweet for my liking and I always end up throwing away half of the drink because it’s always served in a huge glass! Are those huge glasses really necessary? I don’t get it.
So I took it upon myself to make a frozen drink that isn’t too sweet, has the perfect amount of alcohol and is refreshing. And I did it! Here’s how to make it.
How to make frozen margaritas
- Place 1 cup tequila, 1 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup triple sec, 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or other sweetener) and 6 cups ice in a large blender.
- Blend until slushy and pour into 4 glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Isn’t that super easy? I like to think of this as the basic frozen margarita. Once you’ve got this recipe, you can really customize it to your liking and add any flavors that you want. Add in some frozen strawberries, mango slices, mixed berries, pineapple, anything! Just be sure to add them frozen so the drink keeps its slushy consistency.
Like this cocktail recipe? You may also like these!
- Easy Sangria Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Sunrise
- Classic Mojito Recipe
- Easy Cranberry Margarita
- Skinny Margarita
- kosher salt for rimming glass
- lime wedges, for rimming glass and garnishing
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup lime juice
- ½ cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup, or other sweetener to taste
- 6 cups ice
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of 4 glasses. Dip the edges of the glasses in coarse kosher salt.
- Add tequila, lime juice, triple sec, agave syrup and ice to a large blender. Blend until slushy. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Pour into prepared glasses and serve immediately.