Made with honey, garlic and balsamic vinegar, these oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are a perfect side dish for dinner any night of the week.
I have a little secret that I’m going to tell you because I trust you and I love you.
The first time I tried Brussels sprouts, I hated them.
It’s true, it’s true. Me. And the only reason I really started warming up to them is because they’re just so damn cute. (Thinking a vegetable is cute is completely normal, right?)
I’m not exactly sure why I disliked them. I liked cabbage – my parents had it in the house all the time for topping on tacos and tostadas and often made a vegetable soup with tons of it. But it wasn’t until I was much older and out of my parents’ house when I started to experiment with trying new foods. That’s when I learned from somewhere (probably Wikipedia) that Brussels sprouts were like little baby, miniatures cabbages.
And that’s all it took. Tell me something is a “mini-me” version and I’m sold. ❤️
Since then, I’ve had my fair share of Brussels sprouts every which way – raw, roasted, fried, braised, boiled. And what keeps me going back is that they’re so freaking versatile. You can pretty much throw something salty, sweet, or tart on them, roast them in the oven or give them a good sauté and you’re good to go.
Now about this recipe – it contains two of my favorite things: garlic and honey. I mean, hello? Who doesn’t like that?! (I apologize if that’s you.) Add a splash of balsamic vinegar, be generous with the sea salt and get ’em all roasty toasty.
So you’re totally making these for dinner tonight, right?
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim the stem off each Brussels sprout and cut each sprout in half lengthwise. Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil.
- Pour the honey garlic mixture into the large bowl of Brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a large baking sheet and place each sprout flat side down.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, flip Brussels sprouts over so that the flat side is facing up and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in. Thanks for your support!