This Spicy Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower is roasted to crispy crunchy perfection for the best low carb side dish you’ll ever have! Also gluten free, paleo and vegetarian.
Let’s take a minute and talk about how this roasted cauliflower is life.
Okay, that might be a teeny bit dramatic, but I’m not messing around when I say this is the best roasted vegetable I’ve ever made. Love at first bite. Let me count the ways…
- it’s roasted to crispy crunchy perfection
- it’s slathered in a smoky/spicy/buttery chipotle sauce
- it’s finished with sprinkle of lime juice for a little acidity
- chopped cilantro makes everything better
- it makes me want to eat all my vegetables!
Picture this – a big bowl of chipotle roasted cauliflower, some salty sauteed leafy greens and a nice helping of creamy polenta. Now that’s a Meatless Monday meal even the biggest meat eater will love.
This recipe is so easy to make, I’m kinda sad I hadn’t thought of preparing cauliflower like this sooner. All those nights when I ate bland steamed cauliflower – gone. wasted. can’t get ’em back. But I can’t dwell on my past mistakes. I must learn from them and remember that roasting veggies is sooo much tastier (and just as easy) than steaming them.
I know what you’re thinking.
These food blogs always say their recipes are easy to make, but they’re not. They have a million ingredients and require so much prep work, I’d rather just pop a bag of steamable veggies in the microwave and call it a night.
Believe me, I totally get it. When I read some recipes online, I think the exact same thing. And I’m a food blogger.
But this recipe is no joke. It really is easy to make and only require a handful of ingredients. Here’s what you do.
- Cut the cauliflower: Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut it into slices. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make the chipotle sauce: In a small blender, add olive oil, melted butter, chipotle pepper, garlic powder and salt. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Brush sauce on cauliflower: Brush both sides of cauliflower with chipotle mixture.
- Roast: Cook in 400 F oven for 18-25 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and golden brown on edges.
- Garnish: Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle chopped cilantro over them before serving.
Seriously life changing.
A word of warning – it’s spicy. Not like I-can’t-feel-my-tongue-someone-get-me-a-glass-of-milk spicy, but like Frank’s-Red-Hot-buffalo-sauce spicy. If you like chipotle peppers, you’ll love it. If you don’t this might not be for you.
Personally, it’s my favorite kind of spicy. Flavorful heat that keeps me coming back for more. And more. And more.
If you’ve lost faith in delicious vegetables, this roasted cauliflower recipe will restore all hope.
This Spicy Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower is roasted to crispy crunchy perfection making it the best low carb side dish ever! (gluten free, paleo, vegetarian)
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut it into slices. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a small blender, add olive oil, melted butter, chipotle pepper, garlic powder and salt. Blend until mostly smooth.
Brush both sides of cauliflower with chipotle mixture and cook for 18-25 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and golden brown on edges.
Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle chopped cilantro over them before serving.
To make this vegan: use a vegan butter or margarine.
10 Recipes That Will Rock Your Year
Here are the most viewed Isabel Eats recipes of 2016. All in one place. Download the free ebook now!