This Fresh Cucumber Salsa is quick and easy to make! Ready in only 15 minutes, this healthy salsa is the perfect topping for tacos, enchiladas and grilled meats.
Cinco de Mayo lovers, where you at?!
This entire week, my Facebook and Instagram newsfeeds have been filled with droolworthy photos of my favorite Mexican dishes like tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, margaritas, rice bowls and all things avocados.
Taco ’bout Mexican food heaven. (<– hehe, see what I did there? Super proud of that one.)
Seeing as how this blog is all about Mexican inspired recipes, I feel like the Cinco de Mayo holiday was made just for me. 90% of the recipes on Isabel Eats are either authentic Mexican recipes I got from my parents or recipes I’ve created with a little Mexican flair by adding some jalapenos here, some ancho chili powder there, lime juice, cilantro, avocados. You know, basically all my favorite ingredients.
Today’s recipe is no exception. This Fresh Cucumber Salsa requires only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes to make. Similar to a pico de gallo, this salsa has all my warm-weather favorites like tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lime juice and cilantro. I added some diced cucumbers for a light and refreshing twist that’s perfect on lettuce wraps, all kinds of tacos, enchiladas or simply with tortilla chips.
You’re going to want this salsa in your fridge all summer long.
How to serve this Fresh Cucumber Salsa
A salsa is always better when served alongside other delicious food. And maybe even an ice cold Mexican beer. But that’s just me. Here are a few recipes that would pair nicely with this cucumber salsa.
- Easy Loaded Mexican Nachos
- Marinated Flank Steak Tacos
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Crema
- Spinach, Mushroom & Onion Red Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
- Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas Tacos
If you’re not looking to pair this with a recipe, a big bag of tortilla chips will do! Chips and salsa is my kryptonite.
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, jalapenos and lime juice. Toss together to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on tacos, lettuce wraps, salads, fish or any dish that needs a hint of brightness!