This Green Chile Corn Casserole is made with whole kernel corn, creamed corn and a box of corn muffin mix. It’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll make this holiday season!
The holidays are right around the corner and this Green Chile Corn Casserole is making its debut on my Thanksgiving and Christmas table!
It’s one of those side dishes that goes well with turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, and just about everything that’s typically served for the holidays. It’s a delicious mixture of sweet, savory, buttery and little tex-mex twist thanks to the mild diced green chiles.
What is corn casserole?
Sometimes referred to as corn pudding, corn casserole is side dish made from whole kernel corn, creamed corn and corn muffin mix. It’s typically served during the holidays and is a hybrid between creamy sweet corn and cornbread.
The texture is light and fluffy on the inside while the outside has a crispy, buttery crust. It’s downright addicting and holiday comfort food at its finest.
Believe me when I say that this corn casserole is one of the easiest recipes you’ll make this holiday season. It’s pretty much a dump, stir and bake situation! Here’s exactly what to do.
How to make corn casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray or grease with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, 1 can whole kernel corn, 1 can creamed corn, 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 1 stick melted butter, 1 can diced green chiles, 2 eggs and 1 diced poblano pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and cook for 65 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
That’s it! No need to take out any special kitchen appliances and no need to get any fancy brand-name products. A whisk, a mixing bowl and easy to find ingredients is all you need.
Some of you may be wondering…
Is this corn casserole spicy?
No, not at all. Not even a little bit. The canned diced green chiles and diced poblano pepper are very mild and don’t add any spice to the casserole, just delicious flavor.
So no need to worry about everyone at the dinner table being able to eat this – I’m positive that everyone will love it and be asking for seconds!
More holiday recipes you’ll love
Green Chile Corn CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- cooking spray
- 1 8.5-ounce box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can creamed corn
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 4-ounce can mild diced green chiles
- 2 large eggs
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 rectangular baking dish with cooking spray or grease with a little cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cook for 65 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Garnish with fresh chives and corn kernels, if desired.