Crispy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are so much faster and healthier than baked or fried! Watch as corn tortillas transform into crispy chips in just 11 minutes. Perfect for salsa, dips, nachos, and more!
These Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are crispy, crunchy, and ready to eat in just 11 minutes! I’ve tackled baked and fried tortilla chips in the past, but the easiest method has to be in the air fryer. They’re almost TOO easy to make.
Whether you dip these crispy homemade chips in fresh homemade salsa, chile relleno dip, or as the base for nachos, the flavor and texture are better than store bought. They’re super flexible too! Hit each chip with a dash of lime, pepper, chili powder, or taco seasoning for even bigger, bolder flavors.
Air Fryer tortilla chip ingredients
- Corn tortillas – I recommend using store bought corn tortillas for this method as that’s what I used when testing the recipe. Plus, it makes everything super easy!
- Olive oil – A little olive oil or cooking spray keeps the soft tortillas from sticking together and to the air fryer basket. It’s also necessary for extra crunchy chips.
- Salt – Either flaky sea salt or table salt adds irresistible flavor.
How to make tortilla chips in an air fryer
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil or spray and stack them on top of each other. Cut the stack into quarters so you end up with 16 triangles (see photo above).
- Arrange the chips in an even layer in the air fryer basket (work in batches so the chips cook evenly) and sprinkle them with salt. Air fry at 350°F until the chips crisp up and look golden brown. For me, that was about 6 minutes, but all air fryers are different so I recommend checking on it at 5 minutes and seeing how they look. Here’s the air fryer that I have.
- Let the tortilla chips cool completely on a wire rack. They’ll continue to crisp as they cool and will be ready for dips and salsas after just a few minutes.
Upgrade the flavor
I used a simple sea salt on my chips, but you can add different spices and seasonings to flavor them however you like! Here are a few recommendations:
- Chili powder
- Lime juice
- Black pepper
- Taco seasoning
- Ranch seasoning
If you’re like me, you could eat tortilla chips with everything! In fact, it might be easier to think of when NOT to use tortilla chips. But just in case you need some ideas, here are a few:
- Salsas – Roasted Tomato Salsa, Chile de Arbol Salsa, Mango Salsa, Pineapple Salsa, or Guacamole Salsa.
- Dips – Queso Fundido, Creamy Bean Dip, Queso Dip, Taco Dip, Guacamole, or Jalapeno Popper Dip.
- In meals – Use the chips as a base for nachos, chilaquiles, and migas.
How long do they last?
For the best results, serve the chips immediately. Otherwise, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (or cooking spray)
- Flaky sea salt (or table salt), to taste
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other, and then cut the stack into quarters to form 16 triangles.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer in your air fryer basket and sprinkle with fine sea salt. (You will probably need to do this in batches since the air fryer basket is typically small).
- Air fry at 350°F for about 6 minutes*, or until the chips start to brown around the edges.
- Carefully transfer the chips to a wire rack to cool completely. Don’t worry if they’re not super crunchy at this point – they will get crispier as they cool down.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- All air fryers are different so I recommend checking on the chips at the 5 minute mark to see how they look.
- Here’s the air fryer that I have.