Made with only 3 ingredients, these Air Fryer Tortilla Chips satisfy your craving for a salty snack. They taste better than store-bought ones, and you can make different flavors like classic, lime, spicy chipotle, or BBQ. Perfect for dipping and nachos!
Table of Contents
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional homemade tortilla chips, you have to try this air fryer version! Made with only three simple ingredients – corn tortillas, oil, and salt – this recipe is quick, flavorful, and ready in minutes.
I’ve also included 3 other flavor varieties that are easy to make with a few additional seasonings – lime, bbq, and spicy chipotle.
Making tortilla chips just got that much easier.
What You Need
- Corn tortillas: You can use yellow or white corn tortillas. Make sure they’re good quality so they don’t crack.
- Oil: I recommend using any neutral-flavored oil to brush the tortilla chips. Avocado, canola, or olive oil are great.
- Salt: Fine salt creates a good base flavor. Flaky salt is best used as a finishing touch, which you should definitely use.
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Let’s get started! Here’s how to make classic flavored chips with variations like lime, spicy chipotle, and BBQ.
Step 1: Mix the oil and salt (and other seasonings, depending on the flavor you make) in a small bowl together. Then, brush the oil mixture onto both sides of the tortillas.
Step 2: Stack the tortillas on top of one another, then cut the stack into quarters to form triangles.
Step 3: Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer in your air fryer basket and air fry at 350°F for about 6 minutes, or until the chips start to brown around the edges. You will probably need to do this in batches since the air fryer basket is typically small.
Step 4: Carefully transfer the chips to a wire rack to cool completely. They will get crispier as they cool down. Serve and enjoy!
- To make crispy chips, don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches.
Want more flavor? Follow the classic recipe and add a few extras to make different flavor combinations! Here’s how to make them:
- Lime: Add 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Spicy Chipotle: Add 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- BBQ: Add 1/2 tbsp of red wine vinegar, 1 tsp light brown sugar, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
To store, place in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Photos by Erin Jensen of The Wooden Skillet.