This super easy and creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing is a great way to add Mexican flavors to your favorite dishes! Use it as a simple salad dressing or drizzle it on tacos, nachos, burritos, and enchiladas!
Bring big flavor to your next meal with this smoky and creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing! Made with chipotle peppers, lime juice, herbs, sour cream, and mayonnaise, it has the right amount of zest, herbiness, and tang to dress up a salad or to use as a dip with raw veggies.
The process could not be easier. All you need to do is blend all of the homemade chipotle ranch dressing ingredients together in a food processor and you’re ready to serve. I love to use it on simple chicken salads or on top of Carne Asada Tacos but I’m sure no one would object to it being used as a dip for parties.
This 5-minute ranch dressing is sure to become your new favorite and a staple in your fridge!
Chipotle ranch dressing ingredients
- Mayonnaise – Mayo gives this dressing a creamy base while taking on any flavor you throw at it. Feel free to use store bought or homemade mayo.
- Sour cream – This will lighten the texture while giving the sauce a tangy flavor. It helps each bite taste cool, refreshing, and well-balanced.
- Chipotle peppers in adobo – You can find chipotle peppers marinated in adobo sauce in a can at most grocery stores in the international section or online in my store. They give the sauce its signature smoky flavor and red color.
- Lime juice – For a pop of acidity and fresh flavors!
- Herbs and seasonings – Because it isn’t ranch dressing without the right combination of herbs and seasonings.
How to make chipotle ranch dressing
Step 1: Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
Step 2: Taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings to your personal taste. If the texture is too thick, feel free to blend in more water.
Substitutions and variations
- Not a fan of spice? Adjust it by adding in one chipotle pepper at a time until you reach your desired spice level.
- To make this recipe vegan, use vegan mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Looking for a low-fat version? Use light mayo instead of the regular full-fat version and replace the sour cream with Greek yogurt.
- Can’t find canned chipotle peppers? Replace them with chipotle powder instead. Start by adding a small amount at a time and adjust as necessary.
Ways to use chipotle ranch dressing
The smoky and fresh flavors in this chipotle ranch sauce go so well with almost everything. You can drizzle it on all of your Mexican favorites, like tacos, nachos, burritos, enchiladas, or keep it simple and use it as a salad dressing. It brings big flavors to Taco Salads, Black Bean Burgers, and Loaded Mexican Nachos!
Your guests won’t be able to resist when you bring a batch to your next party. It’s perfect to spread on burger buns or to drizzle on top of Carne Asada Fries, Grilled Romaine Salad, and Shrimp Tacos.
Storing and freezing
To store, pour the dressing into a glass jar or airtight container with a lid. It will last in the fridge for up to 10 days. It will thicken as it sits so you may need to stir in some water before serving.
Freezing dairy is tricky and tends to separate upon thawing. For this reason, I don’t recommend freezing the dressing.