This Pineapple Salsa only requires 6 ingredients and takes 15 minutes to make. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve with tortilla chips and is delicious on tacos and grilled meat! (gluten free, paleo, vegetarian, vegan)
Is there anything better than eating some pineapple salsa and having friends over for a beer in the backyard? Not in my book!
Now it’s time to add this pineapple salsa to my summer favorites list because a) it only takes 15 minutes to throw together and b) it works well as an appetizer with chips or can be paired with grilled meats and tacos!
I typically already have most of the ingredients I need in my kitchen, which makes this recipe one of my go-to summer salsas.
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
- pineapple (fresh is best, but you could also use canned if you’re in a pinch)
- plum tomatoes
- red onion
- lime juice
I’ve served this salsa to friends and family on multiple occasions and it’s been a total hit every time. What’s not to love about fresh fruit paired with Mexican flavors?
How to make easy pineapple salsa
Add diced pineapple, tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice and salt into a large bowl. (photos 1-4)
Toss to combine. (photo 5)
I usually serve it with some tortilla chips because I’m not the best planner, but if you’re having a barbecue or fun summer party, here are a few ways to use it!
What to eat with pineapple salsa
- Homemade Tortilla chips or Baked Tortilla Chips
- Grilled meats like Carne Asada or Easy Beef Skewers
- As a salsa on Pork Carnitas Tacos, Chicken Carnitas Tacos and Tacos Al Pastor
Or you can just eat it by the spoonful. I’ve been known to do that.
Tips and Tricks
Make sure to dice the pineapple into bite sized pieces that are small enough to scoop with tortilla chips.
This salsa is fairly mild. To make it spicier, I recommend adding in a minced serrano pepper. To tone down the spice, remove and discard the ribs and seeds of the jalapenos.
This pineapple salsa will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
More salsa recipes you’ll love
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! To get more easy Mexican recipes delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my weekly email newsletter. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
- 1 medium pineapple, diced (about 4 cups)
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 jalapeño peppers diced
- 1/4 large red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Taste and season with more salt, if necessary. Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
This recipe was first published in March 2018 and has been updated with new photos and more content.