This Pineapple Salsa only requires 6 ingredients and take 15 minutes to make. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve with tortilla chips and is delicious on tacos and grilled meat! (gluten free, paleo, vegetarian, vegan)
Is there anything better than eating some pineapple salsa and having friends over for a beer on the porch after being stuck inside all winter?
Yeahhh….I don’t think so. Believe me. I know, because that’s what I did this weekend.
John is a bit of a budding beer connoisseur and has been brewing his own beer for over a year now. The brewing process takes around 5 hours or so and he usually brews it on our front porch where he’s got a little more space. Hopefully that’s not some kind of fire code violation. The whole thing is basically a great excuse to have friends over for a little brewing party where we eat, drink and have fun.
Naturally, with me being into the whole cooking thing and whatnot, I made this really delicious Pineapple Salsa recipe that took me only 15 minutes to throw together. I actually already had most of the ingredients I needed to make this in my kitchen, which is clutch. Except for the pineapple, didn’t have that one. Okay, so five out of six isn’t too bad.
My friends loved it. It was a total hit and was completely gone by the time everyone left, which is truly one of the best compliments I could get.
To make, you’ll need:
- some pineapple (fresh is best, but you could also use canned or the pre-cut containers in the produce aisle)
- fresh plum tomatoes
- some red onion
- fresh lime juice
- a green bell pepper (optional: a jalapeno or two, depending on your spice tolerance)
We ate the whole thing bowl with some tortilla chips, but I’m already planning what I’m going to eat it with next. Here are a few dishes that would go really well with this pineapple salsa!
What to eat with pineapple salsa
- Tortilla chips like thse Homemade Lime Tortilla Chips
- Grilled chicken or steak
- Grilled shrimp like this Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp Skewers recipe
- On tacos like these!
Or you can just eat it by the spoonful. That’s totally fine, too.
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced (or 2 jalapeno peppers, depending on whether you want it spicy or not)
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple, diced (about 1/4 pineapple)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Taste and season with more salt, if necessary.