These quick, easy and healthy Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp Skewers are perfect for summer grilling or roasting! (gluten free, paleo, low carb)
One of my favorite things about this time of year (besides wearing super comfy dresses) is sitting on the porch and doing some grilling, and this past weekend in Pittsburgh was perfect for it. It’s been pretty hot and humid lately thanks to the daily rain showers we’ve been getting, but since the showers only lasts for one to two hours, they haven’t interfered with my desire to grill and be outdoors.
Case in point: these Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp Skewers that I made yesterday afternoon for lunch. Marinated in tons of herbs and spices that you likely already have in your pantry, these shrimp skewers take a total of 35 minutes to make and are juicy, flavorful and pretty damn healthy.
These skewers are exactly what I needed after having one too many drinks the night before. I met up with some friends at Butcher and the Rye for a drink followed by dinner at täkō on Saturday. I had one of their signature grilled octopus tacos and a chorizo taco because, well, I love chorizo. The verdict? I STILL love chorizo. 🙂 And of course I got a spicy cucumber margarita. It was hot and summer weekends just make me want refreshing cocktails. It’s my weakness. After dinner, we headed somewhere else and had more drinks.
So yeah, needless to say, my body desperately needed some healthy food it in the next day.
Thanks the Lord for quick meals.
Because the marinade for these shrimp skewers is made from ingredients that I regularly have in my kitchen, this recipe has officially become my go-to for grilled shrimp. It’s a great appetizer or party food, perfect for summer holidays like 4th of July and is a simple, no-fuss way to prepare juicy and flavorful shrimp.
Serve it alongside some rice for a complete and satisfying meal or in a taco topped with Parsley Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce to satisfy your summer taco cravings.
Because those summer taco cravings are REAL.
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 15 wooden skewers
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into bite-sized squares
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into bite-sized squares
- In a large bowl (or resealable plastic bag), combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, paprika, basil, thyme, sage, oregano, black pepper, salt and rosemary. Toss together until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating, soak the wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.* Thread 3 shrimp, 1 cherry tomato, 1 onion slice and 1 bell pepper slice onto each wooden skewers until all 15 skewers are prepared.
- Cook the shrimp skewers on the grill for 3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and are cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice.
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.