These Slow Cooker Beef Tinga is easy to make and simmered in a slow cooker with chipotle chiles and fire roasted tomatoes. Perfect for an easy, weeknight meal!
Would you be mad if Isabel Eats only featured taco recipes? I didn’t think so.
While I don’t have any plans for that to happen (I know, I’m such a tease!), these Slow Cooker Beef Tinga tacos sure are tempting me to go in that direction. They’ve got me in taco heaven.
These Slow Cooker Beef Tinga Tacos are no exception. Before we go any further, let me tell you what tinga tacos actually are. No, it’s not just some cute word that I made up. It’s actually a real thing!
Tinga simply refers to a Mexican dish that’s flavored with stewed chipotle chiles in a flavorful tomato sauce. It’s usually made with chicken, pork or beef and served alongside warm tortillas.
These tinga-flavored tacos are INSANELY easy to make thanks to my slow cooker. They’re so easy, I’m actually kind of embarrassed about people reading the instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post! All you have to do is literally slice an onion, cube some beef and stick all of the ingredients into a slow cooker.
I swear, slow cookers are like magic.
If easy AND flavorful is what you’re looking for, then this is for you.
The smoky and deliciously spiced tinga sauce is really what makes these tacos addicting.
Thank you, chipotle chiles, for being so good.
Add in some fire-roasted tomatoes, onions and other spices and herbs and you’ve got a sauce that will taste good on just about anything – eggs, rice, pasta, veggies, meat – ANYTHING.
Stuff it in a taco with some cheese and other goodies and I’ll be your friend forever.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- 2 15-ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pouns boneless pot roast, cut into large cubes
For tacos and toppings
- corn tortillas, flour tortillas or lettuce cups
- crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- thinly slice red/green cabbage or lettuce
- Add all ingredients into a slow cooker and mix together with a large spoon.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, taste and season the meat if necessary.
- Serve in warm tortillas topped with crumbled cheese, thinly sliced cabbage, radishes and fresh avocado.
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.