From appetizers and drinks to tacos and dessert, this list of the best Cinco de Mayo recipes has your Mexican party menu covered! Everything you need to celebrate the occasion is right here, so pick a few of your favorites and let’s get cooking!
35 Cinco de Mayo Recipes to Make at Home
Mexican food lovers, it’s that time of year again! Time to make all your favorite Mexican recipes and celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Whether you’re keeping the celebration small this year or feeding a crowd, everyone will find something they love on this list.
If the recipes below aren’t quite what you’re looking for, be sure to check out the full collection of 140+ Cinco de Mayo recipes!
To get your celebration started, here are some of my personal favorites to make for the big day.
Mexican Salsas and Appetizers
- Guacamole: Ready in only 10 minutes, this guacamole is a simple and healthy Mexican classic. Serve it with chips, on a salad, in tacos or on toast! It’s the perfect appetizer to make for Cinco de Mayo and game day as well as any time of the year!
- Salsa Verde: This recipe blends tomatillos, jalapeños, onions, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice to form a tangy and vibrant Mexican green salsa. Spoon it onto tons of dishes to add a pop of flavor and color. You’ll never go back to store bought versions again
- Roasted Tomato Salsa: Made from tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Better than store-bought, this roasted salsa is delicious served with tortilla chips or in tacos and burritos.
- Guacamole Salsa: Combines salsa verde and guacamole to create an addicting appetizer and salsa for tacos! Made from tomatillos, jalapenos, avocados, cilantro and lime juice.
- Queso Fundido: Cheesy and gooey Queso Fundido combines melted cheese, chorizo, and peppers in a hot skillet. This restaurant-worthy appetizer is easy to make and done in under 30 minutes! Don’t forget the tortilla chips for dipping!
- Queso Dip: This homemade Mexican Queso Dip is easy to make and comes out creamy and smooth every time! Now you can make your favorite restaurant queso at home!
- Sheet Pan Nachos: Ready from start to finish in only 25 minutes, sheet pan nachos are one of the quickest and easiest appetizers everyone will love!
Tacos, Fajitas, Enchiladas, and More!
- Carnitas: Can be made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot for foolproof Mexican pulled pork that’s juicy and flavorful. Perfect for tacos, tostadas, gorditas, burrito bowls and more!
- Steak Fajitas: Juicy, tender, flavorful steak fajitas that are way better than the ones at your favorite Mexican restaurant! Served with a healthy dose of peppers and onions, these fajitas are gluten free and low carb.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas: A favorite Mexican dinner recipe that’s ready in only 30 minutes. Seasoned chicken breast, bell peppers and onions are baked on one sheet pan all at the same time!
- Carne Asada: Made from marinated flank steak or skirt steak and grilled until tender and juicy. A great addition to any Mexican meal, this authentic recipe is made with olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, oregano and other simple ingredients.
- Chicken Taquitos (Baked or Fried): Stuffed with seasoned shredded chicken and cheese, and then baked or fried until crispy, crunchy and golden brown. Serve with shredded lettuce and your favorite Mexican toppings for an easy dinner recipe or appetizer ready in only 30 minutes!
- Chicken Tacos: These simple yet flavorful chicken tacos are easy to make and filled with super juicy and delicious chicken! Perfect for weeknight meals and makes great leftovers!
- Baja Fish Tacos: The best Baja Fish Tacos you’ll ever eat! They’re filled with crispy beer-battered fish, smoky chipotle mayo and a creamy cabbage slaw!
- Chicken Pozole Verde: A comforting Mexican stew filled with shredded chicken and hominy in a warm green chile broth. It’s easy to make, filling and healthy!
- Chicken Enchiladas: Stuffed with shredded chicken and cheese, topped with an easy red enchilada sauce and baked for 20 minutes. This homemade classic is an all-time family favorite that’s great for easy weeknight meals.
- Mexican Rice: Made with simple ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onions and garlic and is the perfect side dish for any meal.
- Refried Beans: How to make Easy Refried Beans just like your favorite Mexican restaurant, but even better! Includes stovetop, slow cooker and canned beans instructions.
- Roasted Mexican Zucchini: Tossed with a handful of seasonings, lime juice, cilantro, and cotija cheese, it’s a quick and flavorful side that goes well with any Mexican lunch and dinner.
- Mexican Street Corn (Elotes): This corn on the cob is covered in mayo, lime juice, cilantro, Cotija cheese and chili powder. Grilled, steamed or boiled!
- Flour Tortillas: Love those fresh and soft flour tortillas from your favorite Mexican restaurant? Now you can make your own at home! These delicious homemade flour tortillas are easy to make, pliable yet sturdy, won’t rip and only require 5 ingredients!
- Corn Tortillas: Everything you need to know about how to make corn tortillas at home! What you need, step-by-step process from start to finish and how to keep them warm. They’re easy to make and perfect for taco night!
- Frozen Margaritas: Made with only 5 ingredients, this Frozen Margarita Recipe is cold, slushy, frosty and delicious! Perfect for cooling down and relaxing on those hot, sunny days.
- Classic Margaritas: Perfectly balanced with tequila, triple sec and lime juice for a crisp and refreshing cocktail. No margarita mix required!
- Skinny Margaritas: Made with fresh lime juice, orange juice, tequila and agave nectar for a refreshing, low calorie cocktail! Make one or an entire pitcher for the perfect drink for summer entertaining or Cinco de Mayo.
- Virgin Margaritas: Made with fresh citrus juice, agave, and sparkling water. Perfectly balanced and sweet, this mocktail has all of the fun flavors you love from the classic party drink!
- Strawberry Margaritas:The perfect cocktail to enjoy on warm sunny days! Made with 5 simple ingredients, this drink is the perfect mix of sweet but not too sweet, boozy but not too boozy, and super refreshing. Frozen and on the rocks versions included.
- Watermelon Margaritas: Made with only 3 simple ingredients (yes, only 3!) and can be served frozen or on the rocks. Naturally sweetened with only fruit, this cocktail is sure to become a go-to every summer! Frozen and on the rocks versions included.
- Mango Margaritas: The most delicious fruity margarita you’ll ever make! It can be made frozen or on the rocks and is great for parties and celebrations, barbecues or just relaxing on warm sunny days.
- Tres Leches Cake: A classic Mexican dessert, this cake is soaked in a mixture of three milks and topped with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Fresas con Crema: The easiest Mexican dessert you’ll ever make! Made with fresh strawberries mixed into a sweet and creamy sauce, this recipe is ready to eat in only 10 minutes. Only 5 ingredients needed!
- Margarita Cupcakes: The cupcake base is made with lime zest, lime juice, and a little bit of tequila in it for that real margarita flavor, and the frosting is made with cream cheese and some more lime zest and juice.
- Mexican Brownies: These fudgy and chocolatey Mexican Brownies have a pop of flavor thanks to a little cayenne and cinnamon. Rich in flavor, these seriously addicting brownies are best enjoyed fresh or can be frozen for later.
- Marranitos: A popular Mexican pan dulce, or sweet bread, flavored with molasses and commonly found in Mexican bakeries. Best served with a cup of milk or coffee and eaten on weekend mornings!
- Sopapillas: Puffy, pillowy and perfectly fried Sopapillas dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with honey. This finger-licking dessert from New Mexico is easy to make and can be served any day of the week!
Leave a Comment