This Mexican Brussels Sprout Salad is the perfect side dish! Easy to make and ready in 25 minutes, it’s made with grilled corn, thinly sliced brussels sprouts, crumbled feta cheese, sliced radishes, cilantro, all tossed in a flavorful lime vinaigrette.
If you love my popular Brussel Sprout Salad made with apples, dried cranberries, and a lemon dijon dressing, then you’re going to love this Mexican-inspired version!
Made with shaved and thinly sliced brussels sprouts, grilled corn, sliced radishes, cilantro, feta cheese, and a lime vinaigrette, this salad is the perfect side dish to pair with all your Mexican dinner favorites.
It’s crunchy, ready in only 25 minutes from start to finish, and full of healthy good-for-you ingredients! You’ll love making this salad over and over to pair with dishes ike Milanesa de Pollo or tender sliced Carne Asada. It even tastes great over a bed of Cilantro Lime Rice or Cauliflower Rice for those on a low-carb diet.
Ingredients in brussel sprout salad
- Brussels sprouts – This cruciferous vegetable looks like a tiny cabbage and packs so much flavor, texture, and nutrition. Shaved into small pieces, raw brussel sprouts still taste great and don’t lose their nutritional qualities.
- Corn – Grilled ears of corn add a naturally sweet and smoky flavor and a pop of golden yellow.
- Feta cheese – Crumbled feta will help the salad taste a bit salty and creamy.
- Radishes – Slices of peppery radishes give the salad an extra crunch and a pop of red.
- Cilantro – A handful of fresh cilantro is needed to help the salad taste herby and fresh.
- Lime vinaigrette – This simple, bright, and zesty dressing made from lime juice, white wine vinegar, oil, and garlic brings all of the flavors in the salad together.
How to make a Mexican brussel sprout salad
- First, you’ll want to grill the ears of corn on an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Brush the corn with olive oil and grill until the entire ear of corn is lightly charred in spots. Let them cool before scraping off the kernels for the salad.
- Assemble the salad by adding the grilled corn to a large bowl along with the brussel sprouts, feta cheese, cilantro, and radishes.
- Next, make the dressing by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl or a jar.
- The finishing touch is pouring the salad dressing over the assembled salad and tossing gently until fully coated. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
This raw brussels salad is the perfect addition to your summer side dish rotation and goes great served with grilled meats and burgers like:
- grilled pork tenderloin with easy herb sauce
- cilantro lime chicken
- grilled skirt steak with cilantro pesto
- pollo asado
- black bean burgers
This salad has plenty of flavors on its own but can also be customized to fit your favorite flavors and tastes. Check out these ideas on how to change up this versatile salad:
- Add protein: Toss in some Mexican chicken, marinated tofu, or a can of chickpeas for additional protein and to make it a full meal.
- Change up the cheese: Swap the feta for crumbled cotija, fresh mozzarella, pecorino romano, or grated parmesan cheese.
- Sweeten it up: This salad pairs well with the sweet flavors of sliced strawberries and ripe summer blueberries.
- Give it some heat: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, or pickled jalapenos to the salad or dressing.
Making ahead and storing
Storing: Keep the leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Feel free to add a little more dressing if it’s become a bit dry.
Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time if kept in a sealed container in the fridge. Don’t add the dressing until right before it’s time to serve. The white wine vinaigrette can be made and stored 2 to 3 days ahead of time in a sealed glass jar or airtight container.
- 2 medium ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro, tightly packed
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- Heat a grill or grill-pan over high heat. Brush ears of corn with olive oil on all sides.
- Add corn and cook for 6-10 minutes, turning every minute or so, until corn is cooked through and lightly charred in spots. Remove from grill and set aside for 3 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the brussel sprouts, feta cheese, cilantro, radishes to the bowl.
- In a small jar or bowl, add the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix together or whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing on top of the brussel sprout salad and toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Storing: Keep the leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Feel free to add a little more dressing if it’s become a bit dry.
- Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time if kept in a sealed container in the fridge. Don’t add the dressing until right before it’s time to serve. The white wine vinaigrette can be made and stored 2 to 3 days ahead of time in a sealed glass jar or airtight container.